Carrie Marill's disarming gouache on paper drawings represent a variety of approaches to the curiosities of urban life in the context of the natural world.
Carrie Marill was born in San Francisco, CA 1976. She graduated from San Francisco State University in 2002 with a BA in Painting and received an MFA in Painting from Cornell University in 2004. Her work has been exhibited throughout the United States in California, New York, Seattle, Miami, Dallas, and Arizona. Marill's work has been published in New American Paintings, Wired Magazine, Southwest Art, The New Times, The Wall Street Journal, Modern Painters, LA weekly and the LA Times. Her work is in the collection of Todd Oldham, Missoni, Megan Mullally, Disney, The Hallmark Collection and many other exciting collectors. In addition to continual exhibitions, Marill’s practice includes developing large scale outdoor murals, and running a residency program for international artists in downtown Phoenix.
Conduit Gallery Exhibitions
- 2014 Arizona State Univeristy Muyseum, Tempe, AZ (group)
- 2012 Scottsdale Museum of Art, Scottsdale, AZ (solo)
2009 Leighton Artist Colony Residency, The Banff Centre, Alberta Canada
- 2008 Colorado Arts Ranch Residency, Steamboat Springs, CO
- 2008 Jen Bekman Gallery, New York, NY
- 2007 The Trunk Space, Phoenix, AZ
- 2007 sizspace, Culver City, CA
- 2007 Modified Arts, Phoenix, AZ
- 2005 Platform Gallery, Tucson, AZ
- 2005 Howard House Gallery, Seattle, WA