"What began as playful experimentation over 20 years ago, has through twists and turns, inspiration and persistence became a way of seeing and a personal language.
From a purly technical point of view, the Ziegler uses photography as a point of departure. The images are photographed from moving vehicles at a slow shutter speed. The camera is held as still as possible, and the sense of motion comes from the scene being gently "smeared" across the film. Prints are made on matte surface paper and then are hand-colored by working pastels directly into the surface of the paper.
In a sense, these images are about the temporal aspect of our lives. They provide the opportunity to spend extended time with moments that are normally very brief - even fleeting. These small slices of time create enough space to trigger a sense of recognition, or of having actually been there. They eschew the specific moment in favor of a broader experience. Kinetic States is not about a world speeding by but about time slowed down, about the journey rather than the destination."
Conduit Gallery Exhibitions
- Forbes Galleries, New York, NY
- Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, TX
- Gallery Henoch, New York, NY
- DW Gallery, Dallas, TX
- PhotoWork Gallery, Austin, TX
- Allen Street Gallery, Dallas, TX
- Meadows Gallery, Dallas, TX
- Jones and Hobbs Gallery, Provincetown, MA
- Brookhaven Forum Gallery, Dallas, TX
- The Rosewood Corporation
- Southern Methodist University
- Andersen Consulting
- Delta Airlines
- Digital Equipment Corporation
- Domino's Pizza
- RTKL Architects-International
- Texas Instruments
- TGI Friday's