Qing-Min Meng's painting and drawing is a fusion of eastern and western artistic ideals. The soft calligraphic gestures placed atop broad, abstract brushstrokes display his mastery of both worlds. For three decades, Meng has employed his superb draftsmanship and facile hand to convey with simple lines, notations and scenes from his daily life and travels. From his native China to Parisian cafes and the wooded areas of New England, Meng’s elegant genre paintings have shown a by-standers glimpse into everyday life.
Qing-Min Meng has exhibited his paintings internationally as well as in the U.S., including: 420 W. Broadway Art Space, New York, NY; The Monster Show, Museum of Contemporary Art, Miami, FL; Fairfield University, Fairfield, CT and the Osaka Triennial, Public Exhibit Space, Osaka, Japan. After receiving a B.A. in Art from the Shanghai Teacher University, Shanghai, China he earned an M.F.A. in Painting from Miami University, Oxford, OH.
Conduit Gallery Exhibitions
- Miami University, Oxford, OH
- Lloyd Shin Gallery, Chicago, IL
- Miami Museum of Contemporary Art, Miami, FL
- Washington Square Gallery New York University, New York, NY
- San Antonio Museum of Art, San Antonio, TX
- Laguna Gloria Art Museum, Austin, TX
- Osaka Triennial, Osaka, Japan
- Richard Iri Gallery, Los Angeles, CA